Our Visit to the Aircraft Carrier USS MIDWAY in San Diego,
This photo was taken by professionals on the Hanger deck of the USS Midway.
Here are some interesting details about this fantastic ship.
Commishioned in 1945, cost $90,000,000.00
- The largest ship in the world then, first ship to big for the the Panama
- 258' wide, 1001' long, 69,000 TONS
- Holds 3,400,000 Gallons of Fuel, & uses 100,000 Gallons Daily.
- (4) 18' propellers, 18 boilers, 212,000 horsepower.
- 4 Acre, 3" thick flight deck.
- 2000 compartments, 1500 Telephones.
- 4500 men crew. 10 TONS of food a day for the crew.
WOW, what a ship!
Return to the "Our trips"
Return to main page